Monday, May 18, 2009

Lucy's first rally trial

Lucy and I participated in our first rally trial today, outside at Guides Canins. She was entered in two novice runs. For the first run, it was a real struggle to get and keep her attention, even though she was getting food. I got a ton of deductions for tight leash. Had I not completely forgotten to do one of the stations, she would have Q'd, but only just barely.

Her second run was somewhat better attention-wise, but she was still slow and lacking her usual rally spark even though I was again giving plenty of food on course. Watching the video, most of it doesn't look too bad, but I felt like I had to cheerlead all the way through. She scored a 192 with her first rally Q.

I'm shocked that we got through two courses with neither of us knocking anything over! ;-)

Although it's like watching paint dry, here's the video of her first run:



And her second run:

No comments:

Post a Comment