Friday, February 20, 2009

Fun match

Our first rally fun match! One run on a CKC novice course.
It was held at the place where we train, so we had homeground advantage.



She felt a bit distracted, but from watching the video she had pretty good focus overall. I was thinking too much, was late in giving several cues, and didn't praise her up as much or as cheerfully as I would have liked, especially at the end. Oh and in the spiral I practically force her to step into the pilons. Thank goodness for learning from video :)

Inspired by a recent post at Agility Nerd, here are three positive things about the run: she had a lovely straight sit at the halt-sit-down; I remembered to give her treats; I didn't get lost on course.

Our friend Jasmine was there too. They ran both the novice and advanced course.

Perhaps the most exciting part of our night was the chain of mishaps that started with Lucy knocking over Jasmine's thermos of water (pssst Lucy: I'm supposed to be the klutz, not you). Lyne then went to get the mop (thanks Lyne) and in doing so knocked down the ring barrier next to the mop. Which in turn pulled down the next ring barrier. And the next, and the next, in a lovely domino effect until all of the ring barriers were on the ground and Lyne just stood there trying to become invisible. :-)

Our instructor was there and ran her dogs in the Advanced course. Their runs were lovely to watch. Her hands do a subtle, graceful dance throughout, providing her dogs with clear and consistent information. Quite beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I didn't even try to describe the "chain of mishaps", as you so well put it, in my blog. If by chance anyone decides to read my puny contributions to blogdom, which I really doubt, they will be led here. Your writing is so much entertaining. Not only did I try to be invisible, I was hoping a hole would appear at my feet so I could hide away. Sigh. Lucy did great. I'm looking foward in hounding you for tips. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks again for mopping up for me... If I may say, you handled the "domino" moment very well :)

    ReplyDelete