Saturday, January 31, 2009

Beginner class #3

Lots of left turns this week. Hmmm, we seem to have spent too much time this past week on left pivots and not enough on turning left as part of a heeling pattern as poor Lucy thinks she's supposed to sit halfway through our left turns!

Today we were introduced to the right around finish and the left swing finish. Lucy learned these a while back in obedience class so they weren't too much trouble, although her front definitely needs work and her finishes could be a lot crisper.

So, these are the signs we learned this week:
  • Left turn
  • About "U" turn
  • 270 left
  • 360 left
  • Call front - Forward right
  • Call front - Forward left
  • Call front - Finish right
  • Call front - Finish left
Finished off with a loooong course that incorporated pretty much all the signs we've learned so far. It's going to take me some time to get used to walking rally courses, keeping the signs on the... right? or is it left? and not causing myself or my dog to bump into them, argh! Oh and I can't wait (sarcasm) to read my first rally-o course map. A friend showed me one a while back and it was truly all Greek to me; Agility course maps ain't got NOTHIN' on rally-o course maps! :-D

Homework: More left turns; fronts; swing finish

P.S. Roxanne: thanks for your me-turn, you-turn memory tip; I get it now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment